Friday, October 28, 2016

TWD: the aftermath ( side tripping from being a mom to a fan)





It's been days since I saw the premiere and yet it still haunts me.


Honestly, it took me two days to finally watch it. I was full of hesitation; I am IN DENIAL.
I knew that if I  see it, then I will surely believe. I learned of the character's fate through write ups. I settled not to watch as I can be very emotional and that won't do me good.

I've grown to love TWD and its characters especially those of the pillars. I have a strong inclination when it comes to families and bonds as such and it disheartens me every time there is loss.
Back when it was Hershel, I found myself crying as if I am actually there, as if I am actually one of them.



And now it's Glenn.
Why Glenn?
With Abe, I am saddened but not as hurt as when Glenn got "Lucilled".
I can't process.
I was in tears.
Like he was mine.




I understand, they are in the age when compassion is beyond anyone's imagination.
Negan's is no doubt vicious.
What he did was inhumane and deliberately wrong in every way. It was very disturbing. 
Something hidden in me was awakened. I was clearly raged.

My heart goes to Maggie and Sasha and even Rosita. But what I find very alarming is Rick and his demeanor that time when he was begging. I felt his pain, I felt his need for mercy. I was moved. 

But amidst the fear, the hysterics and no matter how broken they all are, they still managed to stick with and to each other.  They could just leave and dismiss the fact that Daryl was taken hostage. They could just choose to save themselves and whoever and whatever is left, but no.
Sure, they don't have an army like Negan.

But, 
They have Daryl.  
They have each other and that's what matters. 
They are each other's family.



As for me, I'm not sure if I'm still going to watch the next episodes. Who knows, I'll wait 2 days after each episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Budget Travel with Kids

After long years of yearning and planning, we finally made it. Our family  will be going on our first trip abroad-Hong Kong. ...