Friday, November 4, 2016

Why the Rush?


21 Sept 2015 at past 12 am, I was awakened by a jolt in my tummy. My queasiness woke my SO and he asked me if it was time but I dismissed it with, 

"di pa, sa 25 pa ko dba."

As with my previous Caesarian deliveries, I have a schedule and it was always followed. It has been ages so I am having doubts but still I closely monitored each kick and in between sleeps, I was keeping tab of the intervals and length.

What seemed like forever, I got up and that's when I found myself gingerly moving in our house. I was initially questioning myself whether this is the real labor as I never had one, lucky me. I even re checked my bags and placed them on the hallway. I even wrote instructions for my kids should there be a need for me to be rushed to the hospital. It was Monday. 

I knew well now is the time when my water bag broke and fear has enveloped me. Again, I was unsure if this is the real thing as with my previous scheduled CS, I may have been under medications to notice my water bag burst. I was still so composed (thanks to my high tolerance in pain) that I even googled what it was like and how long should I keep the baby after my water bag broke. (Like it was my first time, right). Every time I'd feel the contraction, I'd push. It pacified the pain. 



I even had time to wash myself and change into clean clothes and fix my hair like I am really planning on going somewhere.

When finally I couldn't hold any longer, I tapped my SO and told him about it and abruptly he got up and woke up my eldest daughter. My 3 sons were also awakened but they were left at home. My 2nd child rushed to our altar and handed me a rosary.

Fast forward in the hospital, I was scolded for not wheeling in earlier as I was already 6 cm dilated. I was strictly instructed not to push or my son will come out any minute. That was the longest hour of my life, I'd say. From trying to hold him longer inside while preps are done in the OR to 
feeling all sorts of emotions. I am truly excited to meet him but I'm also so scared. 
Weary as I was, I couldn't get myself to sleep. The anticipation is eating me up. When I finally heard my son cry, I knew well that I have done a good job and it's time for me to doze off after all it's only 5:14 in the morning.


It was already 12pm when I was wheeled to my bed. ( check my post, Cesarian for PhP950)

I stayed in the hospital for 3 days. Three stressful days for my SO.

Day 1: September 21 (Monday) Kids didn't go to school, 
          SO brought me to hospital, stayed til I was in the recovery room and he has gotten  
          a pic of our newborn son. He went home (10-15 mins from the hospital) to get the 
          boys. My eldest daughter stayed with me.
          When he came back, he took the kids for lunch then went back to me. Dinner 
          time, he took the kids for dinner and brought them home.  He went back to the 
          hospital to be with me overnight.    

Day 2: September 22 (Tuesday) Kids are ready for school
          4am, SO left for home, took the kids to the hospital to see me  
          and their baby brother
          Brought the kids to school then went back to me. 
          Stayed then left at 4pm to fetch the kids and brought them 
          back to me again. 
          Kids stayed in my room til dinner and went home again  
          following the routine of day 1. 

Inevitably and undoubtedly expected, but still gratitude and appreciation to my then SO.



Moral:
Once you feel the pain whether you are certain or unsure if it's labor already, let someone know. You never know what might happen. It could lead to accidents or worse.  Get help from people you're comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Budget Travel with Kids

After long years of yearning and planning, we finally made it. Our family  will be going on our first trip abroad-Hong Kong. ...